Hi community, column width is driving me craz...

Hi community, column width is driving me crazy

I already have set columns to wide and saved and verified data, column has like 100ish rows but still I cant figure how to have a column wide enough to contain my data and the empty screen is huge Could you help? I dont want to be forced to split my data in multiple columns as a workaround

Ty

0 8 583
8 REPLIES 8

As far as I know, Save and verify data is supposed to adjust columns width according the data length in table! @Adam_Stone_AppSheet

Save & Verify will look at your actual data and record min/max lengths of data. That gets used in computing column widths.

@Luigi_Binaghi There has to be something wrong in your model. I made a test with a table view where I set only one text type field. That field contains long string and it’s showing the whole string. Do you have more than one column in your table view?

I’m having the same problem. Save and verify does not change column width. I have a column called Task in 3 different tables and the table view seems to pick a random width for each column.

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi Aleksi. Yes there are some more columns (uniqueid(), amount, …) but they are all “hidden” in the table view you see above. Actually that view was based on a slice and I just made a test with a new table view based on the complete table to see if there was the problem but the outcome is sadly the same

@Aleksi_Alkio I think I nailed it. Culprit is

the “use horizontal scrolling” flag. As soon as you disable horizontal scrolling column width behaves as expected (see attachment). Now the question … can we have both large columns and horizontal scrolling?

@Morgan_Dixon_AppShee Thoughts for this?

Yes, that’s the problem!

Top Labels in this Space