Hidden column error

Ami
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

When unchecking the Show for a column, for instance, hiding the ID, i get an error stating that the row will not be searchable when all i want is to simply hide it for the user. Any idea why this is the case? Its new and never happened before

0 4 246
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I’d guess this means you have Show? set to OFF but Search? set to ON. The message is telling you the two settings are in conflict with each other.

Ok
But why should there be a conflict? I only want the user not to see the ID line in the app.

Let “Show” ON but use a “show if” formula where you will filter the hierarchy you want.
If you have a table “user” with email and role, you can filter with a lookup on that table.
Like.

Table:Users

User | Role
donald@gmail.com | Admin
paul@gmail.com | worker

Show if= LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),Users,User,Role)=Admin
So, it check if the user, via email, are allowed to see that field; with this formula, only the Admin can see it. now you can let “Show ON” but hidden for the people you need to.

Hi @1111 If you dont need to be able to search the column just uncheck Show and don’t worry about the error it is just a warning in case you want to be able to search the column.

Top Labels in this Space