Hide Field in form if another field = "Purchase"

Hi,

I'm new to AppSheet. It's great - what I have needed for several years now.

I've built a form and am now I'm struggling to create a formula to reveal a field dependent on another field's value. The below is the problem. The three date fields should be hidden. If I choose "Hire" in the field above, the first two date fields should appear. If I choose "Purchase" the last date field should appear. Can anyone suggest how I do this? (I am assuming this is possible!).

Thank you,

Dom

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 15.12.25.png

Solved Solved
0 4 46
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Open the "Hire start date" column's definition from the Data > Grey pencil. There is an option called "Show?". Add that formula there. You need to click the blue icon from the right.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Just write [Hire or purchase]="Hire" with the "Show If" option in your column's definitions.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, though I'm afraid I do not understand. I'm pretty good at Google Sheets but completely new to AppSheets. So I don't understand what to do with "Show_If". Where does it go? Would you mind talking me through this so I know what to do in other cases as I need to implement this a few times?

Thank you,
Dom

Open the "Hire start date" column's definition from the Data > Grey pencil. There is an option called "Show?". Add that formula there. You need to click the blue icon from the right.

Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space