Hide a button in dashboard with 2 views of the same table

I have a dashboard with a deck view of Users and User Details view.
I have an action I want to overlay on the deck view only. Do I have to make a separate slice just to remove this action from the detail view? I know the CONTEXT() in dashboards is the name of the dashboard and not the individual views in it and thatโ€™s the only method I can think to hide it in one not the other. Does anyone have a solution other than making a slice?

0 10 665
10 REPLIES 10

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Austin_Lambeth

Yes, one will be slice with this specific action allowed, the other one will be without.
As far as I know, itโ€™s impossible to avoid actions from being displayed twice on a dashboard view.

sigh

Action show if/allow if in(context(โ€viewโ€), list(โ€œdashboard viewโ€,โ€deck viewโ€))

Or maybe donโ€™t show if the detail view? Something like that hopefully it helps.

That wouldnโ€™t work since CONTEXT() returns the dashboard name and the action will show on both views.

1. Create a new detail view of literally anything that wonโ€™t be used elsewhere - only for this action
  2. Only include key column in detail view
  3. Add small detail view to top of dashboard
  4. Configure action to show only on this detail view as overlay

Profit!

I suppose you could also add a meaningless quick edit detail view with one enum, and activate the action upon change, a sequenced action of 1. Your action and 2. unselecting the enum to reset it for being pressed again.

Edit: itโ€™s true!

Hi @Austin_Lambeth what kind of Action do you want to use? You say you want to overlay it in the deck view only. AFAIK you can overlay only Add Action in Deck or Table views.
If you want it as an inline action in the deck view, you can set the actionโ€™s prominence to โ€œDisplay inlineโ€ and leave the โ€œAttach to columnโ€ empty.

Now you can add the action to the deck view, but not to the detail view.

You can overlay go to view actions as well. The action was a link to a special add form that I only wanted to display in one place.

Yeah thank you, you are right @Austin_Lambeth. Itโ€™s just not possible to overlay a go to view action in a map view. I messed that up.

That sounds so stupid what? So if you want to navigate someone out of a map view guess youโ€™re out of luck

Yes the only workaround is to add a navigation action in the mapโ€™s deck view.

Top Labels in this Space