Hierarchy Security Filter for Team Directory

Hi,

I am currently building a team directory. But I would need a security filter that can help filtering the data only to the manager. the filter should be able to show the Subordinates of the Manager's Subordinates.

I have a table called "Employee" it has [Employee ID] and [Manager ID]

for example

Employee A has 3 subordinates (B, C, D), and each has their own team, so, employee A should have visibility toB and their subordinates (B1, B2, B3) and the layers below (B1-1, B1-2, B2-1, B2-2, B2-3, B3-1, B1-1-1, B1-1-2) and so on

As well as visibility to C and Ds tree/hierarchy structure. But each employee cannot see higher or same hierarchy for example, C cannot see A's or B's or D's data and structure

1 8 136
8 REPLIES 8

You wrote two opposite rules.. 
#1 - employee A should have visibility to B and their subordinates
#2 - But each employee cannot see higher or same hierarchy
Which one is correct?

You also mentioned "higher hierarchy". What is that? I believe you need to give more samples so we could understand your case, thanks.

Hi AleksiAlkio,

Thanks for the reply, sorry if it was not clear. Please refer to the screenshot, hopefully it may  help.

Nac_Q_0-1707198821094.png

The data is illustrative only, the ID is a text field

for example

Employee IDManager ID
qwe12 
qwxc2qwe12
ptyh4qwe12

In which table do you need it? Does that table have a "Level" column as well?

But in generally speaking, you could use something like..
OR(
"AppUser'sLevel"="A",
CONTAINS("LevelOfTheRow","AppUser'sLevel")
)

Hi Aleksi,

Sorry for the late reply,
currently this is the data sample

Employee IDManager ID
qwe12 
qwxc2qwe12
ptyh4qwe12

no "level" column is available only "Employee ID" and "Manager ID"

Unfortunately still not clear enough.

You have an employees table for example columns EmployeeID, Name and ManagerID
#1 - Do you need this security filter for this Employees table only?
#2 - If you need it for other tables, what column do you have there? Do you only have the EmployeeID in those tables and you would like to use it for the filtering?

Hi Aleksi,

#1 - Yes I need this on the Employee Table only. Which consists of, EmployeeID, ManagerID, FullName, Position, etc.

#2 - Nope, I would like to only provide information on the Employee Table only

Okay.

From your data set it sounds you would need to have a "level" column. If you don't have it, how are you able to identify the level of that user? Or do you have that level added to employees ID? Your samples like qwe12 etc. doesn't show they have it.

Top Labels in this Space