High number of columns, some bots are working fine, but some not

Hello,

I will try to give all the data to give a good point of view on my issue.

I have App, with a lot of actions, bots and in particular - number of columns. I have like 10 tables which contain 5-120 columns, but the biggest table has ~370 columns. I can cut them to 280 but no less. I cannot optimize more, the requirement is to have everything in one gSheet.

There are some bots working on this biggest table which have the same logic (1:1 copy), the only difference is which columns they are using.
The problem is, that some bots are working correctly (e.g. JANUARY BOT) and some of them get stuck in the "WAIT" step (e.g. DECEMBER BOT).

I literally tried everything and I'm a little bit confused because:

• There is no typo, all the expressions are correct (double checked them, on the virtual columns also)
  • Column structure was regenerated - so there is no risk that wrong columns are checked/updated
  • Bot is stuck on the WAIT step - 'until condition' (but just some bots)
  • I tried to delete and recreate the defective bots, but no result
  • When I copied the app, everything worked perfectly. But I see the risk that this issue can happen in the future - so in the beginning it's working, but later on it's not.

I couldn't find a suitable answer for this, that's why I'm asking here.

I will try to explain the process:

1. User updates a field -> it triggers bot

2. Status column is changed

3. Bot waits for the next field to update, checks with formula IFNOTBLANK() -> that's where it gets stuck

Also, I'm not passing the "0" value to this column. The formula is fine, tried different formulas like LEN() etc., but it doesn't matter.

I suppose the issue may be in:

• Too large data table
  • Too many bots in "Pending" state
  • Both above

I'm attaching screens for better understanding.

Bot (example):

2_bot details.png

Bot monitor - there is no error, bot just gets stuck in the "Wait - until condition" step, even though, the condition is met

1_bots pending.png

Thanks for the support

0 3 240
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I have no idea, but I will say you're doing something very complex with a feature that is relatively new. You may very well be hitting a bug. Consider involving Support, but don't be surprised if they aren't helpful. You'll probably need a developer to get involved. If so, let me know and I'll escalate.

Why not just have whatever action that is changing [field1_a] also make the change to [status1]. Then don't use a Wait step at all, just put the Wait's condition into the Event condition?

Thanks,

However I have multiple wait steps in these bots, so I will end with 200-250 different bots, but if that solves the problem - I'm in!

Top Labels in this Space