Horizontal scrolling in Table View not working

Has anyone else encountered and fixed this?  When trying to scroll horizontally on any page that is a Table View, it will scroll fine for a few seconds then become unresponsive.  I have to sync the app to get it to respond again.  Seems to only happen on mobile phones, works fine in browser.

2 15 1,134
15 REPLIES 15

Have you tested on other devices? May be it only happends on the said device.

Hi Swoopy, I have only tested this on iOS devices and it happens without fail no matter the iPhone.  Doing more research, I found various other community conversations about this that are years old.  Itโ€™s not a new issue, and is one that has been brought up multiple times and acknowledged by the developersโ€ฆbut there seems to be no fix yetโ€ฆ?

Looking to see if anyone has found a workaround.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated.

Do you mean the whole app becomes unresponsive, or just the ability to scroll? This sounds like maybe a different problem than others have described (where they have trouble getting it to start scrolling in the first place).

There is a known issue where swiping horizontally doesn't reliably trigger the scrolling. It seems like one workaround for this is to start scrolling a bit vertically first and then shift to horizontal. We've identified the underlying problem and are working on a fix.

Hi Adam, I am still able to use the rest of the app.  It's only the horizontal scrolling that becomes unresponsive.  When my phone is held vertically, it wont let me scroll at all (vertically or horizontally).  When I turn my phone horizontally, I can scroll both directions smoothly for about 3 seconds before the horizontal scrolling becomes unresponsive again.  If I then wait a few more seconds, the horizontal scrolling ability returns for a few seconds then becomes unresponsive again.  It almost feels like the table is "buffering" when it scrolls horizontally and needs a minute to catch up before it allows the user to scroll again.

Again, this happens on every view that is of the Table form.  I've created other Appsheet apps just to test it and get the same result using multiple iOS and Android devices now.  My only conclusion is something might be awry in the Table view coding itself.

We have the same problem. Tested in Samsung and Xiaomi Redmi both Androids.

@Adam-google - Just following up.  You mentioned you have identified the issue and working on a fix.  Has here been any progress or can you provide any sort of ETA on that fix?

The code change is in the pipeline, I think it will likely begin rolling out on Monday.

Thatโ€™s great news!  My users will be very happy.

I just discovered my app doesn't scroll on mobile (Android). It was working a while back. Could this be the same problem?

I'm having this problem, sometimes the horizontal scroll works, sometimes it doesn't, I can't scroll.

The developers are aware the problem has recurred.

Still the same issue.

Not sure what code changes were implemented by the devs but mine only slightly stutters sometimes when I scroll rather than completely freezing like it used to. I ended up changing most of my table views to the Deck type to avoid the scrolling issues altogether. Ultimately, I found the deck view to be cleaner visually and much more user friendly.

This problem seems to be solved for me

Top Labels in this Space