Hotel management. Calendar

Hi

I have solved many problems with Apsheet. But I can not make applications for hotel management in any way. I do not understand how to work with the calendar. The problem is that I want to make the hotel owner see on the calendar which rooms are occupied and which will be free. Also, so that the chefs can see in the application for how many people to cook the next breakfast or lunch. Please give advice or directions to implement this idea

Solved Solved
0 5 316
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. So perhaps you want a view that will provide a summary by day.  

An important question for your design is do your users need to look ahead multiple days or will this view only show today's status.  If you only need them to see today's or tomorrows,  you could add a virtual column to your reservation record with a calculation that returns yes if the reservation dates include today and another that does the same for tomorrow.  Then you could make a view of your reservations based on a  slice where today = yes and a second view for tomorrow.

A better approach would let your user view any given day, with summary info nicely displayed, but to do that you will need to make an additional table. Let's call it "Reservation Days".  You'd have one reservation day record for each day of the year.   A virtual column in this table of days could return a list of ref rows, itemizing each reservation that is a child of that day.   Other virtual columns could total the number of guests, adults, kids in the child records so that each day reservation day record provides a summary.  Clicking on any reservation day would open the details view, revealing the list of related guest reservations for that day.  Using a slice or accessing the reservation day records via a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() function would enable you to limit the number of reservation days shown to any number of days relative to today so that your user doesn't need to scroll through an endless number of days to see what's coming up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Is there any more specific questions you have about working with calendars?  

You may find that even though itโ€™s a scheduling problem,  a calendar view is not best for your needs. Perhaps a list of rooms status grouped by date is actually easier to read. 
Here is a screen cap of my harbour reservations calendar, which is based on a table with start date and end date fields for each reservation. It was easy to create but itโ€™s not always the best view to use. 

41B07CF1-AD1A-48B5-A932-FFA6F215EE0E.png

โ€ƒ

When there are many rooms, more than thirty, it is inconvenient to look at the calendar. My task is so concrete that the owner can see how many rooms are occupied, how many are free and when which room will be free. And so that the chef can see the number of people who will eat. If it can be done without a calendar, even better, the main thing is to complete these tasks

Yes. So perhaps you want a view that will provide a summary by day.  

An important question for your design is do your users need to look ahead multiple days or will this view only show today's status.  If you only need them to see today's or tomorrows,  you could add a virtual column to your reservation record with a calculation that returns yes if the reservation dates include today and another that does the same for tomorrow.  Then you could make a view of your reservations based on a  slice where today = yes and a second view for tomorrow.

A better approach would let your user view any given day, with summary info nicely displayed, but to do that you will need to make an additional table. Let's call it "Reservation Days".  You'd have one reservation day record for each day of the year.   A virtual column in this table of days could return a list of ref rows, itemizing each reservation that is a child of that day.   Other virtual columns could total the number of guests, adults, kids in the child records so that each day reservation day record provides a summary.  Clicking on any reservation day would open the details view, revealing the list of related guest reservations for that day.  Using a slice or accessing the reservation day records via a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() function would enable you to limit the number of reservation days shown to any number of days relative to today so that your user doesn't need to scroll through an endless number of days to see what's coming up.

Sorry, If it's not difficult for you, could you show an example of solving my problem. I would be very grateful to you.

I feel that you have solved my problem, but so far I can not understand. I'll try to figure it out. God give me ten plus IQ points

Top Labels in this Space