How To Get Current GPS Location Of Other Users with HERE() on map(Possibly without adding data )

I've been through the Capture GPS Location & HERE() docs. 

I'm an admin that wants to know users locations (without them  having to add data all the time).

I'd like to have a map with where they are located but the HERE() function shows my location not their unique locations.

Also On data entry, Is it possible to get specific user's location with HERE() (not my location)  

@Steve @Koichi_Tsuji 

Solved Solved
1 2 1,189
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It is not possible to capture location without a data change.

It is not possible to get the location of some other device: you can't reach out to another user's device and request the location. But if the other user's device captures and saves its location to a table you also have access to, you can see that. It's not real-time, but it's the best you can do.

It is possible to map collected location data from other sources on a single map: if all devices record their locations to the same table, you can map the entire table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It is not possible to capture location without a data change.

It is not possible to get the location of some other device: you can't reach out to another user's device and request the location. But if the other user's device captures and saves its location to a table you also have access to, you can see that. It's not real-time, but it's the best you can do.

It is possible to map collected location data from other sources on a single map: if all devices record their locations to the same table, you can map the entire table.

Thanks @Steve ,
So I added a here column auto-filled by HERE()
then set a bot on add or eddit to log users location.

Sad, but its the best I can do so far

Log location on edits & add

Top Labels in this Space