How an Entry is masked

How an Entry is masked so that they enter data with the exact number of characters, for example an ID that has this format: 1978 78763 1874 or this C 667GH. Also, how can something that was entered in lower case be recorded in upper case or how can it be conditioned that they enter all in upper case? Thank you very much for your support

Solved Solved
0 7 735
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Excellent thank you very much!!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

There is no workaround to convert the data entered through the form or quick edit mode on detail/table view, meaning there is no workaround to transform the data to be saved to the source DB.

I would suggest you create another column refering to the data entry fields, and convert the data to UPPER case or whatever you want through the expression.

Original data entry field is made avaialble and visible on Form view only by setting showif constrain usiing Context(ViewType)=Form expression.

Similarly, the display fields is made avaialble by setting up showif constrain to the contrary, i.e. Context(ViewType)<>Form

The solution given by @tsuji_koichi is best one because it is user friendly. It does not compel the user to enter upper case data. Whatever user enters the app logic converts it to the upper case.

Just in case you wish the user herself/himself should enter upper case letters in the field and the app should give error in case of lower case data entry by the user , then I believe you could possibly try the following valid_if expression for the said column.

IF( FIND(UPPER([_THIS]), [_THIS])=0, FALSE, TRUE)

Excellent thank you very much!!!

Hi @Luis_Rodriguez,

Thank you for updates. It sounds that you got a working solution for your problem. It will be great if you can update how you solved the issue for the benefit of other readers of this post thread.

This expression that you suggested allowed me to solve my question:

IF (FIND (UPPER ([_ THIS]), [_THIS]) = 0, FALSE, TRUE)

Thanks

One workaround for the Upper caseโ€ฆ create an action with a formula UPPER([ColumnName]) and trigger it with the Event action on your form view. It will update the value if it has any letter that are not upper cases when the record is saved.

For the purpose of accepting input from the user and converting it UPPERCASE your solution works except for columns set as a "key" or "label". I get the following error:

The column 'Toy Number' of data action 'Upper - Model Details' cannot be modified

Top Labels in this Space