How are REFERENCE VIEWS used?

Can someone please explain how reference views are used in model-driven Power Apps?

In my use case I have an Inventory table that I use the system generated view of the Inventory_Form to add items to the Inventory table. Users also need to move inventory from one location to another, and I am hoping to use a Reference View of the Inventory_Form to present only the few fields that the user needs to edit to move the item. When I create a Reference View, it overrides the Inventory_Form view that presented all fields. How do I designate which view is used with the floating (+) button?

Can I cause a Reference View to be used when an Action to open a new form is called? 

Solved Solved
0 3 148
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When you create a new Ref view, yes the app starts to use it as you described. That's an expected behavior. Then you need to use position as "Menu" and "do not display" that view. Then you can use it for example with an LINKTOFORM() deep link.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

When you create a new Ref view, yes the app starts to use it as you described. That's an expected behavior. Then you need to use position as "Menu" and "do not display" that view. Then you can use it for example with an LINKTOFORM() deep link.

Thank you, Aleksi!

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space