How can I bulk upload data into bigquery through appsheet?

am creating an application on appsheet where in I am trying to bulk upload data to google bigquery through appsheet by uploading a csv file. The functionality is working fine if there is only 1 row in the csv file but if there are more records then bulk upload is failing

The restriction I have is that I can't use google sheets for any work around.

I directly connected appsheet with google bigquery and tried to bulk upload data into bigquery by uploading csv file in appsheet but it failed.

appsheet errorappsheet errorbigquery errorbigquery error

0 4 192
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I would guess the data in the upload doesn't meet the type constraints for your database--your upload file has bad or incomplete data. Keep in mind that the upload file is processed sequentially, so if earlier entries are dependent on later entries, there will be problems.

Thanks for the response Steve, but there are a couple of things here

1. My test data has just 2 columns and both are string type, and I am inserting just 2 rows so there is no bad data
  2. When I am using google sheets as the database then file upload works as expected with the same data, file and table schema

I don't know about sequential processing. How can I check interdependency of rows?

I don't know but some reason 2nd row is not picked up by appsheet when backend is biquery.

Any thoughts, any other reason? How can we troubleshoot this or what can be the work around?

It certainly sounds like it should be working. Unfortunately, I have no BigQuery experience. I'm afraid the best I can do at this point is refer you to Support.

Sure, anything.. please let me know whom I can reach out to, thank you!

Top Labels in this Space