How can I change "available stocks" number on inventory table by the selection of product code

Hi,

Im making an inventory management app that has a function to release products to an another branch (internal use). The basics work perfectly fine, complete the release form and such, but I would like to make it less confusing by adding decrease available stocks number to 0 once the products had been selected on the form to avoid duplicates item. Each item is uniquely assigned with sku, so each item only has one stock available. I use enumlist for sku in release table to allow the manager to select multiple skus in one ticket. 

Question is: How can I alter the number of the available stocks in inventory table once the ticket has been made with selected sku?

Please let me know if you need more info or pictures to reference the problem.

Thank you in advance.

0 4 192
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Liqma,

I have no idea exactly what your app looks like, but I would suggest using workflow triggers (BOTS) which trigger when the form is submitted, if your form has the new branch ID and assuming your product table the key is the sku each product would have a branch id also?

You can use a bot to adjust the selected enumlist sku's to the branch id identified in the transfer form.

I can probably only help further if you share some photo's of your app. 

I'm assuming you want to automatically transfer the stock in your tables so this doesn't have to be manually adjusted by your statement.

Hi Cameron,

Basically, I would like the app to eliminate the skus in the selection sections in the form selected by previously submitted forms or ongoing orders. Also, as the skus are eliminated from the selection section, the number of available stocks in the inventory table should alter based on the selection. For instance, if the manager selected product A, the available stock number for Product A on the inventory table should be 0. Once the form is complete (aka the manager returned the product) the number of Product A should be back to 1 without manually adjusting.  Attached pictures are what my app looks like for referencing my problems.

Thank you in advance

Product list for selection. I would like it to censor out products that has been selected on the previous order form.Product list for selection. I would like it to censor out products that has been selected on the previous order form.I set the product list to be enumlist by referring to the inventory(sku)I set the product list to be enumlist by referring to the inventory(sku)Inventory table with available stock. I would like the number to become 0 when the product is selected on the release form.Inventory table with available stock. I would like the number to become 0 when the product is selected on the release form.general view of the product detailgeneral view of the product detail

@Steve please help

Hi @liqma229,

I tried recreating your app. I can create what your after without the enumlist, and only an enum, meaning each sku has to be entered per form>

The other option I've been working on is to create a bot that triggers on release form being submitted, which enacts the api to essentially edit an additional "trigger" column on the sku table. (I'm having issues with the API, I can see if support can assist.)

You can then have a bot which can be triggered and only applies to rows where

"CONTAINS(Release form[sku's to release],[_THISROW].[sku])" to subtract the quantity column by 1.

Furthermore you would want another step in the first process which then redeletes the newly added row from the product table to ensure it does not cause conflict when multiple forms are submitted.

I'm not fantastic at this, but trying to assist. I like the idea of being able to select multiple products at once. Will improve my current inventory system a lot from the single sku options I currently have.
Top Labels in this Space