How can I do this dropdown?

Hello Community,

I have the problem to solve and already have spent nights and days, but no solution…

I have 2 tables:

1. VISITS - reports from each machine inspection done by a technicians. Key field is UNIQUE ID.
  2. REPAIR ORDERS - all rows from table VISITS in which, in a specific column is indicated that a machine needs to be fixed. UNIQUE ID is copied from VISITS.

Tables are related by a machine serial number.

The idea is:

• when a technician goes to another inspection, opens the VISITS and a new row, if he fix something - he can dropdown the field where’re selected all related to this serial number - orders from REPAIRS ORDERS table (enum list). To make it easy to mark a specific order from a dropdown (not by just UNIQUE ID which is 8 digits/ letters only) - I have concatenated UNIQUE ID and the description.
    So, could happen that he mark 1, 2, or 3 orders in a 1 visit. As a consequence - I have an information which orders are just closed.

In a consequence of concatenating UNIQUE ID and order description (separated by e.x. comma) - this field isn’t easy to automatise, e.g. build on them any script to close the order.

Do you have any idea how to built a mechanism in order to:

• have a dropdown concatenating UNIQUE ID + description (as I have actually, easy to recognise and mark by a technician) but receiving only UNIQUE ID in the row as a record?

I’ll appreciate for any help.

Radosław

0 3 454
3 REPLIES 3

Have you thought to use this UNIQUEID + Description field as a label? Maybe the description would be enough. It will save the UNIQUEID into your spreadsheet.

Aleksi, may God bless you, thank you very much. That’s the mechanism I should think of… if I knew this :-(.

But… do you think is that going to work if I want to mark more than 1 UNIQUE ID + description? I mean that in 1 visit - it’s possible to mark more than 1 pending orders.(pairs UNIQUE ID + description).

If not - the possibilities would be:

1. the rule 1 visit = 1 marked order…
  2. include more columns where to mark: UNIQUE ID + description1/ UNIQUE ID + description2/ UNIQUE ID + description…)

Interesting… My head is going to explode…

Please remember that you can choose only 1+1 label columns where the other one is an image.

Top Labels in this Space