How can I get data from a sheet which is not directly referenced to the exsisting sheet, and make it visible on google sheet

I have 3 sheets in my google workbook

1. Customer
  2. Pet Details
  3. Service

Pet Details & Service sheet is referenced to the customer sheet. But what I want is that, add a column in the service sheet for “Pet Name” & get the pet name from the pet details sheet. But the problem is since the sheet is referenced to customer sheet, how can I get the data from Pet Details sheet & the same should be shown on the google sheeet as well as the app.

Also there are chances that there will be multiple Pets under a single customer.

Please do guide!
Thank You

0 13 169
13 REPLIES 13

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Its not happening because there are 2 sheets which are linked to one single sheet. I am not able to get it…

You named three tables:

1. Customer
  2. Pet Details
  3. Service

I would expect Pet Details to have a column of type Ref that refers to the Customer table.

I would also expect the Service table to have a column of type Ref that refers to the Customer table, and another column of type Ref that refers to the Pet Details table.

Do your tables include these Ref columns?

I dont have a REF column that refers to the Pet Details table rest everything is there…

Try adding one.

Yes it worked Thank You,

If i want to now get the status data from service table to pet details table how can i do that?

What do you want from the service table included in the pet details table?

So service table has a column which is regarding the status of the service. So I want that data to show in the pet details table. The goal is later on based on the pet details table I can have a slice which only shows the information of pets which are in progress currently.

I added a service ID column in the pet parents table & through referencing I linked the status from the service table to the pet details table. I dont know if there is an easier way…

Now the problem is when i change the status of a service for the same to change in the slice I have manually click on edit in the slice, the status change is grabbed & then i have to save it for the slice to work properly…cant it be automatic?

If you added a Ref column in the services table that points back to the pet details table, AppSheet should have automatically added a virtual column named something like Related services. If this column is included in the detail view for the pet details table, perhaps it already includes what you want?

I dont know if i am following the right way or not…

What formula should I use to take out data?

What do you mean? Perhaps a screenshot?

So in the pet details table I want to show the status column from the services table then I have to use “related services”

The formula to for the same will be:

[Related Service][Status]

Also it should automatically grab the unique ID right?because in my sheet it is not grabbing the reference that I created between the service and pet parent table.

Sorry not in front of my laptop, it’s actually late night here…

Top Labels in this Space