How can I incorporate this app with contractors instead of full time employees?

I still dont know how I would do the user license because a contractor to take a job from me and not do another one… or they could do job after job… If they do one job and 35 days later open the app, then I will get charged for them I think… How would I incorporate this app, any ideas? Thanks in advance…

0 3 447
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Chris,

The licensing per user is for the number of concurrent users you need to access the app. If you have say 10 licences you can add and remove user access as you see fit.

If you grant access to your app for a contractor, once the contractor is finished remove their access. They then have no way of activating a licence against your account. From there you can adjust your user count . If down the track you use the contractor again issue them a licence. The user licences are billed pro-rata. See AppSheet Billing

I’m not aware that you can manage licensing within the application. You as the app owner would need to use the Users tab within the editor to add or remove users and adjust the billing on the MyAccount tab.

Cheers,
Adam

Thank you for the clarification. Now that I’ve digested what you’ve just said, theres another delima. I like the users to have access to their previous job history that have been performed with us. I notice that I have to DELETE the user from the whitelist, so when I add them back, they do not see their previous jobs completed. Is there anyway around that?

If you have a field on the jobs table that captures the USEREMAIL() of the user, and have a slice or security filter that returns records that match the current users email, then they should be able to see their records even if you remove them from the user whitelist in the editor

Top Labels in this Space