How can I opt out of receiving AppSheet emails?

Recently this new thing called AppSheet came along. From what I can tell it is exclusively used by scammers to harass people. I am receiving several hundred scam AppSheet emails a day. I never signed up for AppSheet, I never asked to get harassed several hundred times a day. How can I permanently opt out of this?

0 5 343
5 REPLIES 5

@SirBlain wrote:

From what I can tell it is exclusively used by scammers to harass people.

Sorry to hear you are getting an inordinate number of emails each day!   

I have been using AppSheet for over 6 years now and can honestly say I have never - not once - received an AppSheet related Scam email.  I have no real junk email detection in place and I do get about 50 junk and/or scam emails daily.

Just so it's clear, this is a Community Forum provided by AppSheet but is operated mostly by App Creators - not AppSheet Staff - though staff members do drop in from time to time.  This is not an AppSheet support site - just an fyi!

I'd be curious to "see" what one of those scam emails you've received look like AND what the senders email address is.  Can you take a screenshot and post it here to help inform others?

If these messages are truly emails being sent by scammers,  there isn't really much any of us, including AppSheet, can do.  You somehow got on the scammer radar and they are trying to use what THEY perceive as your "interest" in AppSheet to phish some of your personal details. 

You can try to block each of the sender's email addresses but that only works short-term as scammers are continuously changing the sender address list used.

If the messages ARE indeed from an AppSheet sender account, then I suspect there is some email snafu occurring.  I would block the sender address and use AppSheet support page to notify AppSheet of your email issue.

AppSheet Support

Ah but Google does have exclusive control over this. They could easily step in and add an opt out button, or a report abuse button, but instead they cater towards scammers and force everyone else to be victims. I just don't ever want to receive these scam emails or be a part of this scam network. It may be operated by users, but google sent the email, it came from a no-reply@ google email, so Google does have exclusive control over what goes out and what doesn't. They are responsible for creating this scam and they need to provide an option for users to not be a part of it.

I don't have permission to upload images (another genius move by Google), but here's the text:

student@goog-test.reseller.gappslabs.co.s-sf49dlc9.qwiklabs-gsuite.net has invited you to edit their database 'Horny'

Hey dear, you got new matches with a girl near your area! Unlock your matches now, Click Here: https://meetme.yourtrackke.com Just put your age to join now...It is totally free no word like CC. Put that finger deep in there… https:/meetfun.queanmate.com

Open Horny

Interested in creating a database like this one? Visit AppSheet databases

This needs to stop. Users don't need to be forced into this. This really should be a giant class action lawsuit. Google needs to be sued for pushing phishing scams and sexual harassment.

Let me forward this to devs..

Hey SirBlain, please feel free to submit a support ticket via https://support.google.com/appsheet/gethelp

We can specifically permanently ban the scammer. 

@SirBlain wrote:

Ah but Google does have exclusive control over this. They could easily step in and add an opt out button, or a report abuse button, but instead they cater towards scammers and force everyone else to be victims.

Yes.  Google Mail might be able to help but NOT AppSheet which is THIS community - they are 2 different companies under the Google umbrella. 

It would be like reporting an issue with your Porsche to a Volkswagen dealership.  Even though Volkswagen owns Porsche, they will likely tell you that you need to go to Porsche directly.  Why?  Because they have specialized people to handle ALL Porsche issues

Same thing here.  Since it is Gmails you are getting, go to GMail to report the problem.  In the GMail app, they do provide a "Report Spam" option on each email AND the ability to block the sender.  Unfortunately, the real problem is that these same people/organizations create hundreds of GMail accounts.  Shut one down they just use another.  

Now having said that, it seems that @AleksiAlkio and @devingu are trying to help get your issue reported to the right place.  BUT do be informed that this is NOT an AppSheet problem.  The Spammer/Scammer is using your connection to AppSheet to try to get you to click on their junk email. 

I get dozens of similar emails every week about purchases I KNOW I didn't make.  I have tried blocking senders and reporting spam but I still get them.  I have resigned to just ignoring the emails.  My junk detector does a pretty good job of sifting them into a Junk folder.  I scan them just to be sure a legit email didn't get improperly classified as Junk.

If we could just turn OFF the criminal gene!!!

Top Labels in this Space