How can I prevent a form from being saved when the values coming from another table are empty?

I have an app for loans. These loans are related to vehicles.

I have a table from where I create a document with a bot (Document table), using values of the vehicles table. The document is created with no problem when all values coming from the Vehicles table exist, but if there's any empty value, there is problem with the bot.

I can't set all fields as required in the Vehicles table.

How can I prevent the form of the Document table from being saved when some values coming from the Vehicles table are empty?

Solved Solved
0 5 264
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can add a validation rule to one of your columns and if it's not valid, you are not able to save the row. It could be something like..
AND(ISNOTBLANK([Col1]),ISNOTBLANK([Col2]),etc.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can add a validation rule to one of your columns and if it's not valid, you are not able to save the row. It could be something like..
AND(ISNOTBLANK([Col1]),ISNOTBLANK([Col2]),etc.)

Hello AleksiAlkio. I did it before posting the question in the community but it doens't work.

maretec_0-1703250521677.png

Also, I've tried ISNOTBLANK([_THIS]).

maretec_1-1703250723750.png

Any other suggestion?

You need to use it with another column than itself.

It works!

I created a virtual column as seen below.

maretec_0-1703254314790.png

The expression for the "App formula" is the same for the "Valid if", and it helps me see in advance if there are empty fields or not.

maretec_2-1703254665307.png

Thank you very much.

In general.. the formula in the ValidIf doesn't need to have anything to do with that column itself. It's just a formula that can read the condition from other columns or even from another tables. Should I say.. it's just a formula ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space