How can I show or hide an inline view based on the input value of another field?

I am working on an app that should display a subform based on the selection of a prior field value. Please see the example below:

Table: sch_level 

emis_ideceprimaryjuniorsenioralpabetvetdcareother
c67f4177TRUETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUE 
9ebc2d2fTRUETRUETRUETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUE 
004ATRUETRUETRUEFALSETRUETRUETRUEFALSE 
3ed386aeTRUETRUETRUETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUE 
72871f2bFALSEFALSETRUETRUETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSE
Continual Education
fb595ca8TRUETRUETRUETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUE 

I want the following table/view to be displayed when ece is TRUE. This will allow the user to enter the data in the ece table as seen below. If ece is not true, this should not be shown. Am I doing this the right way? Your suggestions and support are appreciated.

emis_idtot_stu_maletot_stu_femaletot_teacher_maletot_teacher_femaleteach_one_grade_maleteach_one_grade_female
num_teacher_needed

004A5657214 
0 6 114
6 REPLIES 6

I have done some research on the link shared prior to posting this query. I think this is like a skip logic that I want to be applied among the child tables. When a school has Early Childhood Education(ece), the entry form or table for ece should be displayed. The entry form/table to be displayed depends on the level of the school selected.

This is the school-level form. When Y is selected, then the detail form for ece should be displayed.

Eric_D_Mason_0-1658253860913.png

This is the ece form

Eric_D_Mason_1-1658253932915.png

Has anyone ever had such a situation before? Your ideas will be helpful. Do I need to restructure? I want the users to have access to the relevant forms based on the prior selection as explained.

Hi Eric, I believe you can accomplish this through a table slice of the ece table and having a key that points to that specific user in that table.  Then, in the Slice>>Row Filter Condition, you could put a condition that limits the rows to that user.

In my own app, I captured their email beforehand and saved it in a "Users" table with the User Email column.  Then used [User Email] = USEREMAIL() as the condition for the slice - this shows the rows that were connected to the current email they were logged into, it works perfectly!

Now in your case where the Yes/No condition is added and you have your emis_id as the key, your Row Filter Condition formula would look something like this:  AND([User Email] = USEREMAIL(), [ece] = TRUE).  The [User Email] piece will need to be substituted with whatever data you decide to connect the emis_id key to the user that is logged in.  I would recommend making a "Profiles" table where each user has a unique profile based on their email and have possible roles (ie. admin, teacher, parent, student, etc.) - this will save you lots of trouble in the long run if you want to manage what content they can and cannot see through formulas.  Hope this helps!

Hi Wheaties,

Thank you.

I will try this workaround and revert.

Regards

Sounds good buddy, feel free to reach back out if that doesn't work.  Happy to help further!  Goodluck!

Top Labels in this Space