How can i send notification on Appsheet whenever a new row is added in my Google sheet directly.

Hi, i have a Sales CRM App, which connected with Google Sheet. Inside the APpsheet, my notification are working fine whenever there is any change In event. But, i need to send notifications to Users when a new row is added in the Google sheets directly (Not by any event from Appsheet). 

Is there a way where we can trigger a notification to Appsheet from Google Sheet Row change.

THanks

0 2 497
2 REPLIES 2

I have this exact issue with a form that feeds into a Google Sheet. Bots in Appsheet cannot be triggered by a change in just the sheet.  There is an add-on for Google Sheets that proports to do this.  But from what I've experienced it does not work.  Instead you have 2 choices.  The easy one is to setup one or more bots to check the sheet periodically.  The second is to use Google Appscript to trigger the spreadsheet when a change is made and then use the API to trigger a bot within Appsheet.  This may help with the later:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/How-to-Integrate-Google-Apps-Script-Trigger-with...

I don't think you could have it with AppSheet. You may use Google Sheet's built-in notification feature as alternative.

Top Labels in this Space