How do I ... copy row from one appsheet to another app

Iโ€™ve looked at a few different options for doing this, and wondered if anyone had any other ideas (simplicity is appreciated!).

I would like to create an action. When the button is pressed, Iโ€™d like for the record Iโ€™m looking at (e.g., a row in a table in โ€œapp 1โ€), to be copied to a row in a table in โ€œapp 2โ€.

Is there a way to do this other than Workflow/API ?

Thank you much!

0 7 1,428
7 REPLIES 7

@Belinda - I have not done a lot in this area, but from what I can tell, you either have to leverage a webhook/workflow (see below), or if your backend is google sheets, could consider using Zapier. I am betting @Aleksi has some advice hereโ€ฆ

@Belinda Do you need to copy it without saving? If manual saving is allowed, you could copy the record with a deep link LINKTOFORM(โ€œFormViewNameโ€,โ€œStoreโ€,[Store],โ€œTypeโ€,[Type],โ€œMyAppName-123456โ€)

yes, I can copy without saving, but itโ€™s being saved to a different app, not within the same one.

I can copy the record to clipboard too using LINKTOFORM ?
I can use LINKTOFORM using an Action and insert a little icon near a long_text field i want to copy in the clipboard ?

If you have your app details in the end of the deep link as in the sample above, it will copy the data into another app.

@Aleksi - I just have to askโ€ฆ when you say โ€œDo you need to copy it without saving?โ€, do you mean not saving the copied record in the second app (eg: App2)? The LINKTOFORM opens a form view of the form that resides in App2, but does not save that new record. The user has to press Save correct?

Correct. If you need this to be done automatically, then you would need to use for example Webhook/API calls as you proposed.

Top Labels in this Space