How do I create a simple Conversion App?

Hello folks,
I hope one of you can help me out here, if it's not too much trouble.

I need to create a simple conversion app so the user can convert, for example, units of measurement.
Let's say the user wants to know how much 10 m is in inches, the user would need to be able to type the value and select the units they have and also and select the unit they want, so the program can calculate the conversion and show the value.

I know how to do the math part of calculating the value and I have a table ready with all the types of units to base my conversion on, I just have no idea how to even begin the app... how do I create a box for the user type the value and choose the unit they have, as well as choosing the units they want the conversion to result in.

I've looked for sample app like this but couldn't find, and I don't even know if my explanation made any sense. I'm hoping someone can understand and give me some tips.

Thanks,

0 1 218
1 REPLY 1

One table (create the first row and set it to Updates only) with

• key column (_ROWNUMBER)
  • Conversion Type, ENUM
  • FROM value, Decimal
  • TO, Virtual column
    • Expression 
SWITCH(
 [Conversion Type],
 "type 1", your conversion expression 1,
 "type 2", your conversion expression 2,
)

Show the table in a Detail mode with quick edit enabled.

If you want to make the app multi-user friendly then consider adding a user email col and either create a slice or set a security filter to expose the user specific row.

Just out of curiosity, why reinvent the wheel when we have a site like https://www.unitconverters.net/ ?

Top Labels in this Space