How do I create an action that generated pdf?

So understand that to generate a PDF that is generated on a google docs templetate, I have to create a TASK in automation. What I can't figure out is how to create an action (Button) that will execute that task.

The bellow table is a sample table. How can I get this info onto the google doc as a PDF? THANKS!

johndoe101_0-1665339544788.png

Solved Solved
0 2 1,688
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did it! Thank you! I added a new colum that changes a value in the background, hence making it an invisible but an update none the less!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @johndoe101 ,

1) when you create the task  theres a part where you need a template. So if you have one use it , otherwise click on create and modify it as needed.

2) the task isnt gonna run itself. you must create all the steps before: BOT, EVENT, PROCESS.

3) In order to configure your Bot, the Event is where you set the change that trigger the task. So you have 2 options,  Schedule or data change.

4) if you want a button to generate the task, then this action button (create it in Behaviour) must change some data so that it trigger the BOT. But it is useless if the data change while you save your changes in a fotm view.

ps: thers another option to "generate" a pdf (previously configurate in Automation. add a virtual column in your table ad set it as File type. Then add a formula so it will be: file path + file name+extention(.pdf). This automatically generate a system file button in Behaviour view.

I did it! Thank you! I added a new colum that changes a value in the background, hence making it an invisible but an update none the less!

Top Labels in this Space