How do I find my datafile location?

Ever since Google changed their file structures, I am no longer able to View Source as all I get is an Error 400 message. The only way I can look at my templates is through Windows Explorer. Can anyone tell me how I can find out what folder my templates and data files are stored in now?

0 12 271
12 REPLIES 12

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please detail how you are trying to View Source. Please include screenshots of both the screen you use to do so and of the error message.

How and when did Google change their file structure?

And how do you view your template through windows explorer?

For as long as I can remember, to view the source data or templates I would simply click the appropriate link or button in AppSheet and it would open a new tab with the source data or template. I've attached a sample. When I press the View Source in Data>Tables, I get the error shown. The same applies if I try to look at at template for a report.

This problem started to appear just after Google changed my structure, replacing files with shortcuts. The second screen print below shows the new file structure with a new level in the file path with a unique identifier. And my folders are now first and my shortcut folders come second in alpha listing, making it more painful to find what I'm after. I don't know if this change is the cause, or it's just a coincidence that the problem has developed at the same time as the Google change.

Because I can't click on view source to find my source data, I need to navigate through the modified Google tree to find the folder containing the source and template files. I don't know where to look, so at the moment, I can't do any more work on these apps 

Robbo_1-1657073730267.png

Robbo_0-1657073683558.png

This is actually a Google Drive problem, not an AppSheet problem. There's really nothing AppSheet can do to help you here. Myself, I can't even imagine how to tackle this. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Thanks for your comment but it's confusing.

If AppSheet can find the data and templates to run the apps, then it obviously knows where they are, otherwise the app wouldn't run. It's just the View Source link in AppSheet that's not pointing to the right place. All I am trying to do is figure out where AppSheet goes to get the data and templates so I can view and change them until AppSheet fix the links. The fact that those links don't work seems to me to be an AppSheet problem. 

What am I missing?

No, you're right. I didn't fully process your problem. I've escalated the problem internally to make developers aware.

Thanks Steve.

And if you haven't already, please contact AppSheet Support to report the problem "officially".

Thanks Steve. I've done that but no reply yet

Hi Steve, do you know if there's any answer to this? At this stage I can get to some of the data files directly from AppSheet but others I still need to find via  windows. However, even though I can't View Source, I can View Data. Am I the only one with this issue?

I'm unaware of any response from Development. I've seen Support also raise this issue. I suspect you're just going to have to deal with it. I myself have no suggestions to make it easier. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Top Labels in this Space