How do I implement linkform?

Hi all. Please, I need help to implement the LinkForm function.
It has been recommended to me to be able to invoke a form and in this way execute a group of actions that are currently executed by a bot. I need these actions to be executed every time there is a modification.
Unfortunately, the bot only works with connectivity and since the app works in remote places where there is constantly no connection, many times the actions are not executed at the moment.

Honestly, I canโ€™t figure out how to use linkform.
Will anyone have an example where they can see and learn how to do it?
Or if there is someone who can help me, I appreciate your collaboration.

0 6 122
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Ok, to rephrase and be sure I understandโ€ฆThe app is offline frequently preventing the Bot(s) from running in a timely manner. Soโ€ฆyou want to setup a Form so that you can attach an action group to the โ€œForm Saveโ€ behavior so that the actions are executed each time you add or make a change to a row.

First, LINKTOFORM() is only needed to navigate to a Form for a table that is not in the natural flow of your process. Otherwise, if you already have a Form where you are entering/updating the rows that the Bots trigger on, then all you need to do is attach the appropriate action to the โ€œForm Saveโ€ property of that Form.

Since you have Bots running against the rows, you have to enter those rows somehow, so I will assume you already have the Form you need. If not, just say and we can provide additional details as needed.

Yes, thatโ€™s right, currently users make modifications from the next screen

the bot is then executed if certain conditions are met and the corresponding actions are executed.
But as I mentioned, since the bot only runs if there is a connection, many times the user makes modifications using the app in online mode, and cannot see the results since the bot does not run.

In the following request for help,How to enable event action in detail type view.
I have been recommended to use Link form to invoke a form so that each time the user makes modifications, the actions are executed.

Ok, got it. The original problem was you were using QuickEdits on a Detail view. The ONLY way to trigger additional changes after those edits is to run a Bot. BUT your app is offline frequently so Bots donโ€™t work for your use case. You need to fall back to an alternative approach which is making the edits on a Form and attaching an action on Form Save so the background updates are immediately available to the editing user.

Before I go into a list of stepsโ€ฆthe easiest way to perform the Form edits is to simply use the original Form that inserted the rows. Soโ€ฆis there a specific reason why you do not want to use that original Form?

The reason is because when selecting the record to modify, it displays the detail, if it is possible to display the form instead of the detail, then the problem I currently have would be solved. Is this possible?

this is the form that should be invoked to click on the record to be modified

Ok, the line you have highlighted in the image above is an Inline view. You simply need to change the โ€œRow Selectedโ€ behavior of that table to go to Edit mode for the row rather than its default of โ€œautoโ€ which launched the Detail view.

To get to that exact Inline Table view, tap in the โ€œVERโ€ button beneath the table. This launches a full screen view of that Inline table. More importantly it will show you the actual name of that Inline view shown in the โ€œViewโ€ property underneath the emulator. Tap on that โ€œViewโ€ property link to go to the view.

Now scroll down to the โ€œBehaviorโ€ section and change the โ€œRow Selectedโ€ behavior from โ€œautoโ€ to โ€œEditโ€. Now when you tap a row in the Detail view above, the row will open in the Form you already have to edit that row.

Next step is to update the existing Form, you show in post above, and attach the desired Grouped action to its โ€œForm Saveโ€ Behavior property.

Thank you @WillowMobileSystems !!

Top Labels in this Space