How do I prevent a user from editing restricted data through the Reference View?

I use views to control edit access:

• Table A (Should never be accessed by a user) - Add / Update / Delete
    • View 1 (Display only rows created by current user using a filter) - Add / Update / Delete
    • View 2 (Display rows created by all users) - Add Only

Users should only ever be able to access View 1 or View 2 but not the source table (since it gives edit access to all rows including those not created by the user).

The problem is that another table (Table B) has a reference to this Table A and when a user clicks on a reference view, they are taken to the detailed view of the Table A.

How can I prevent the reference view going to Table A. Ideally any reference views should go to View 2 and not source Table A.

Solved Solved
0 2 400
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create an action that navigates to the view you want and assign that action as the inline view's Row selected Event Action.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Create an action that navigates to the view you want and assign that action as the inline view's Row selected Event Action.

Thanks. For anyone else who's getting started, the "<table_name>_Inline" view is under: Views -> System Generated (this is at the bottom of the views panel - you might need to expand it).

Top Labels in this Space