How do I reset data in one table based on the data of another table?

I have 2 separate tables. One of them is a checklist for marking whether an activity was done or not with yes, no,  or na responses to choose from that are located in a column. The other table was made as a confirmation that the user inputted a value for each activity, acting like a submission confirmation; this also sends a notification to both the user and myself and creates a file that is part of a folder. The problem I have is when users submit "Yes" as a confirmation, I want the data of the "yes, no, na" responses to reset and the actual confirmation choice as well. I have already tried changing the initial value of the "yes, no, na" responses to " ". I have also tried creating a formula for the "yes, no, na" column = if(Confirmation = "Yes", "", ""). Both of these caused no change whenever I reset the app. If there is any way to get around this please let me know 🙂 also the app is based on google sheets I've made.

confirmation page viewconfirmation page viewdata related to confirmationdata related to confirmationdata related to questionsdata related to questionsapp home viewapp home viewExample questionExample question

0 3 89
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the community!

I understand that your app doesn't keep a track of checklist reports and you don't need to review past submissions through the app. You are merely using it as a form to send emails. Is that right? 

And what do you mean by "reset the app" please? Thanks.

Hello, sorry about the late response. I am using this app as a checklist with activities people can mark as complete and an email will be sent to the user and our company. What I mean by resetting the app is clear all the yes/no/na data from my first table so that every time a person opens the app, the data from the previous user does not carry on to this spreadsheet.

You can open each of your columns and:

•  in Auto-Complete, set the Initial value to: ""
  •  in Update Behavior, check the Reset on edit? option.
Top Labels in this Space