How do I search inside a post on this forum?

Hi! Some of the posts here are impressively long. How do I search inside a post?

Solved Solved
0 9 210
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ratatosk wrote:

Can't do that on a post with 43 pages :grinning_face_with_sweat:

You are correct. Agreed. ๐Ÿ™‚ However let us believe in Pareto principle ๐Ÿ˜Š- 80 % topics or thread will be fitting in one page if following setting is enabled.  One can have maximum 50 ( we can practically set it to 30)  posts on one page from one topic or thread. That should take care of 80% of threads in just one page.

Browser.png

Edit: Minor changes in description.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

One option is to use browser search by using Control F and typing in the "Search string". of course it will be just page specific and not very useful for multi page posts but at least that much option we could have.

ctrl + F

@Suvrutt_Gurjar @Hussein_Osseily 

Can't do that on a post with 43 pages ๐Ÿ˜…

That makes sense now, that's a whole Novel then not a post ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm sorry for the confusion. I should have used the word "Thread" not "Post". 

@Ratatosk wrote:

Can't do that on a post with 43 pages :grinning_face_with_sweat:

You are correct. Agreed. ๐Ÿ™‚ However let us believe in Pareto principle ๐Ÿ˜Š- 80 % topics or thread will be fitting in one page if following setting is enabled.  One can have maximum 50 ( we can practically set it to 30)  posts on one page from one topic or thread. That should take care of 80% of threads in just one page.

Browser.png

Edit: Minor changes in description.

Thanks @Suvrutt_Gurjar  I did not know such a custom config is available with this forum.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Thank you! That was well hidden! This helps a lot. Now it's only Ctrl+F on 7 pages ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Ratatosk wrote:

Now it's only Ctrl+F on 7 pages :face_with_tears_of_joy:

Great. ๐Ÿ‘  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Top Labels in this Space