How do I show actions on one slice, but remov...

How do I show actions on one slice, but remove certain actions from another slice?

I notice you can only apply actions to a table, and not a slice.

I have (2) slices that have the same core Table.

Though on one slice I want certain actions to appear and on another, I would not like them to appear.

Do I accomplish this through the condition parameter?

Meaning tell the actions to only appear on Company Info, and not on Company Billing?

0 17 405
17 REPLIES 17

Yes

So how would I wrtie that expression?

Sounds great! LOL and as it currently stands, no then you canโ€™tโ€ฆ

So final annoying questionโ€ฆWhat type of condition rule could I add to each slice to do what I am looking for?

NM, I found a cleaner way to do what I wantโ€ฆmore than one way to skin an App Sheet!

I am going to add a Yes/No button, to activate whether or not I want the billing information to show in my company setup table.

Then have an action that toggles which actions are viewable or available.

not that anyone cares!

But I thought I would shareโ€ฆ

I am such a dumb ass!

I get it, show this slice if X = y and show the other slice if Y=x.

Why am I so stupid sometimes!

Haha, sometimes appsheet is so wide open that it takes a little too much consideration to get anything done

As it is a Yes/No formula, you can use the same expression as what you used for creating the slice.

Im really sorry for the ignorance, but I am not sure what you mean.

Thanks in advance

@Steven_Jeffery in the action itself you can have a show if formulaโ€ฆ And weโ€™re saying use the same formula that you use for your slice

Not sure what formula I use in my slice, I just copied the slice from the existing one, and renamed it to what I wanted.

Also not sure where to find the show if in the action itself.

Let me look some more.

Long time no talk Grant, thanks like always for the help.

I have Row filter condition in the slice, which is blank and the slice is named Company Billing Setup Slice.

I have If this condition is true in the action which is also blank.

@Steven_Jeffery so yeah, if you donโ€™t have any differentiating factors between the two slices then you wonโ€™t be able to tell the action what to do since the action rides on the table, not the slices

If you donโ€™t have any condition rule on your slice, you can hide the action on the slice but I couldnโ€™t find quickly how to do opposite. And I believe you are looking exactly that, correct?

Yah basically I want some actions to show up on one slice, but not on the other.

Though each slice does not have any conditions on them.

I simply removed a few columns on one slice versus the other slice.

One slice shows billing information and PO# while the other does not.

On the one that does have the billing info, I want to have a action that generates a report for booking a new agreement, while on the one without the billing information I donโ€™t.

Conversely, the actions on the one without billing info, I do not want showing on the one with the billing info.

I hope I did a sufficient job of being confusingโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space