How do I to trigger Webhook B from Webhook A?

I have workflow Webhook B that’s not triggering even though I created an action to update a field called “Copy” in the associated table and it’s being set to TRUE from Webhook A (with a Reference Action). I was hoping the “Update” would have triggered Webhook B but not sure if it recognizes the field update as a workflow “update” if it was not manually done from a form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 8 758
8 REPLIES 8

As I posted in the original thread.

I am not sure I understand the big picture, but here are the rules:

A Workflow can be triggered by:

1. Any change made by the client.The client change can occur because of a user enter value or an action performed on the client.
  2. A change made by the REST API.

A workflow cannot be triggered by:

1. A DataChange invoked by a workflow rule. (We do not do this because were worried that this might lead to infinite recursion. One DataChange might make a change that triggers another workflow rule. That workflow rule might make a DataChange that triggers yet another workflow rule. If the user is not careful this can result in loops where: A triggers B, which triggers C, which triggers A, which triggers B, which triggers C, and so forth in an infinite loop.)

A single workflow rule can invoke a sequence of workflow actions.
These actions can include a sequence of webhook calls that invoke the REST API.
Not sure if that will help in your case.

Success! Moved the Data Changes out of the workflow and into Actions in order to trigger the webhook. I’m off to cleanup the mess I’ve made. Thanks Phil for your help as understanding how the data changes take place was key to the puzzle.

Glad you figured it out. I had a similar issue with referenced actions that @Aleksi helped me with.

@Daisy_Ramirez, do you then execute the Grouped Actions from an Action Button or from a Workflow? Apologies want to understand because I may require this in one of my Apps

Apologies Henry for the delay. I executed the group actions from the form Save.

ok understood

Have you tried using a grouped action instead of expecting one action to trigger the other?

Thanks Bellave, yes with Phil’s info above on which type of data changes can trigger the workflows, I’ve moved the data changes (which I use to trigger) out of the workflow and into a grouped action. I’m troubleshooting it now.

Top Labels in this Space