How do i create a report with parent child re...

How do i create a report with parent child relationship tables?

I can run the report with out the table formatting just fine.

Everything works, No errors.

Once i add the expression to a table format i get the following error:

โ€œError: Workflow rule โ€˜PCH Reportโ€™ field โ€˜Attachmentโ€™ expression โ€˜[Chapter Stance]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Chapter Stanceโ€™. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜PCH Reportโ€™ field โ€˜Attachmentโ€™ expression โ€˜[Standing Motion]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Standing Motionโ€™. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜PCH Reportโ€™ field โ€˜Attachmentโ€™ expression โ€˜[Chapter Comment]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Chapter Commentโ€™. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜PCH Reportโ€™ field โ€˜Attachmentโ€™ expression โ€˜[Public Comments]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Public Commentsโ€™. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜PCH Reportโ€™ Start expression โ€˜[Public Comments]โ€™ should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the โ€˜Keyโ€™ column of the referenced table. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜PCH Reportโ€™ Start expression โ€˜[Public Comments]โ€™ should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the โ€˜Keyโ€™ column of the referenced table.โ€,

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

0 4 672
4 REPLIES 4

@Matt_Archer

I can investigate if you provide: 1. Your account id 2. The app name 3. The workflow or report name

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

ACC ID - Account ID: 572348 App - CCICCA2018 Report - PCH Report

Thank you!

@Matt_Archer

We donโ€™t support having a table (formatted as a Google table) within another

table (formatted as a Google table).

Put another way, only the innermost table in the hierarchy can be formatted as a Google table.

So you could modify your template as follows: 1. At the very top, your โ€œParent Recordโ€, start expression, and the four data fields are fine. They are formatted in โ€œListโ€ format. 2. You can choose to format the Child records in either of the two way you do it above. You can either use the โ€œListโ€ format as you do at the top, or you use the embedded child table format below.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

Thank you

Have a great weekend

Top Labels in this Space