How do "behaviors" and "actions" (actions in Automation) differ?

Hello,

I am a recent initiate to AppSheet. Can someone point me to a better understanding of the differences between "behaviors" and "actions" in "automation"? I've created various behaviors and automation bots, turned them on and off to see what does what, but am not getting a real clear understanding on how to use them (yes, I've watched a few training videos).

Do their functions overlap? Are "actions" actually "behaviors" in another name?

Solved Solved
0 4 119
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, behavior is just a tab where actions can be found. Before Automation was a thing, that tab holded workflows (event-driven) and reports (scheduled). Now Automation has those features and the behavior tab was left with just Actions and other options.

I wouldn't be surprised if Actions are moved to UX or something similar in the future.

Now, if you saw "behaviour" inside an automation please post an screenshot

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Well, behavior is just a tab where actions can be found. Before Automation was a thing, that tab holded workflows (event-driven) and reports (scheduled). Now Automation has those features and the behavior tab was left with just Actions and other options.

I wouldn't be surprised if Actions are moved to UX or something similar in the future.

Now, if you saw "behaviour" inside an automation please post an screenshot

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Actions are actions, whether in Behavior or in Automation.

Are events and actions the same then? (Clicked accept too quickly).

Nope. Events are a trigger for a process inside a Bot. Take a look at the docs to understand that concept (Automation is still a complex concept for many)

Actions on the other hand are a lot of things that can even be combined. Take a look at the docs also.

Get started with AppSheet - AppSheet Help
Actions: The Essentials - AppSheet Help
AppSheet Automation: The Essentials - AppSheet Help
Bots: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Take it slow, one step at a time

Top Labels in this Space