How the pay per user works

Hello Everyone, 

I have created a simple app that will be used by a private lessons teacher (a friend) to post educational videos, articles and learning materials for his private students that will pay a monthly subscription for him. 

I could notice from the billing section that you can for example pay per user which is 5$ / User. i would like to know the following if you may help me please understand the pay per user subscription : 

As he can't tell how many users would subscribe per month and as not all of his students might subscribe for a second or third month, is it possible to purchase it user by user and cancel a user subscription manually one by one (incase the student doesn't want to renew) ? incase he'd purchase 50 users lets say and only use 30 users, would he be charged for all the 50users or just pay as you go (only unique logins per month) ? 

how to keep control on users in such case ? 

sorry for the long post , Thank you guys in advance

Solved Solved
0 3 231
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

First of all, that's not a long post, just take a look at this one

Jokes aside, you can update your users' licences any time, so you could be doing it daily and you will be charged by the days you where with a certain amount of licences.

AppSheet doesn't charge automatically, so if you leave 50 licences purchased and only 30 people actually used the app, 50 licences will be charged.

Also, AppSheet charged per account with unlimited number of apps to share access to, instead of per app and it's users.

Read the docs for more info:

ACCOUNT AND BILLING | AppSheet Help Center

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

First of all, that's not a long post, just take a look at this one

Jokes aside, you can update your users' licences any time, so you could be doing it daily and you will be charged by the days you where with a certain amount of licences.

AppSheet doesn't charge automatically, so if you leave 50 licences purchased and only 30 people actually used the app, 50 licences will be charged.

Also, AppSheet charged per account with unlimited number of apps to share access to, instead of per app and it's users.

Read the docs for more info:

ACCOUNT AND BILLING | AppSheet Help Center

Well anything compared to this post is considered short ! 

Thanks for your response, according to the plans i have seen , it is either secured with pay per user or public, pay per license app (1 license 1 app) but this would make it public and not secured with a login , is there another plan that i have missed ? 

thank you

No, AppSheet is not the right tool for everything.

You could check Glide or AppGyver

Top Labels in this Space