How to Avoid Drop down in child table in ref column type

Dear Friends,

How to Avoid Drop down in child table in ref Column types. 

I have used Valid if = IF(IN([_THIS], PINCODE TARIFF[PINCODE]),TRUE,FALSE)

Valid if errors = " pincode not found"

Both are not working once  column type is changed from number to ref. 

Now I want the input mode as labels (not buttons)  as shown in [remark ] in screen shot. 

IMG_20230903_234100.jpg

If the pincode is not found then it should return "pincode not found" 

Please help

@AleksiAlkio @Marc_Dillon @Suvrutt_Gurjar @WillowMobileSys @JSO 

Solved Solved
0 10 211
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Use two fields.
One of them is the Input field where they can type data in Text/number or whatever format matches the needed one (maybe matching the key column type of the ref table?)
The second one is the Ref one, keeping it hidden and using an AppFormula to take the key from the first field and changing it based on future edits or with Initial Value if you will accept this to be changed just once

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@SkrOYC @MultiTech @jyothis_m 

Can you please help me with this?

If you make the Type as Ref then i think either BUTTON or DROPDOWN are the only options possible, since you have to select option already available in the Referenced Table or create NEW in Referenced Table

Then I don't have any other way to go on ?

Keep the Type as Number if you are strict on LABEL type 

Ok bro.... 😔

Use two fields.
One of them is the Input field where they can type data in Text/number or whatever format matches the needed one (maybe matching the key column type of the ref table?)
The second one is the Ref one, keeping it hidden and using an AppFormula to take the key from the first field and changing it based on future edits or with Initial Value if you will accept this to be changed just once

BRO,

I HAVE CREATE A VIRTUAL COLUMN AND FORMULA = [PINCODE]. 

THE NORMAL COLUMN HAS BEEN CHANGED AS TEXT TYPE AND VALID IF EXPRESSIONS HAS BEEN INCLUDE FOR IT. 

IN SHOW IF CONSTRAINT , I HAVE USED THE FORMULA CONTEXT ("VIEWTYPE")<> FORM (FOR VIRTUAL COLUMN)  AND CONTEXT("VIEWTYPE") <> DETAIL  FOR (NORMAL COLUMN). 

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT. 

@jaichith wrote:

CONTEXT("VIEWTYPE") <> DETAIL  FOR (NORMAL COLUMN). 

Yep, well done!
I'd suggest to change it to CONTEXT(ViewType)="Form" for the Text column, so that it just shows inside Forms

Try itScreenshot 2023-09-04 175614.pngScreenshot 2023-09-04 175800.pngScreenshot 2023-09-04 175905.pngScreenshot 2023-09-04 175957.png

Dear sir, 

I couldn't understand what you are conveying to me. Are you asking me to set initial Value ?

What is the logic behind it ? Please help. 

Top Labels in this Space