How to Bypass a Security Filter for a Column

Hi everyone,

I have a child table "Timesheets" which has a security filter meaning employee users can only see their own timesheets, plus management users can see all timesheets.

In the parent table "Clients", I have made a virtual column [Most Recent Timesheet] where I want to be able to show the most recent date a timesheet was entered against that client, so all employee users can see that date regardless of which employee entered the last timesheet.

However it seems the security filter is doing its job, so the virtual column won't show when the last timesheet is by another employee! Is there any way to bypass the security filter for this single column?

Thank you!

0 4 56
4 REPLIES 4

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Anton_Dickens 

Security filter can't be bypassed.

I would suggest you to use an additional table, with NO security filter, and hence will be available to everyone.

Then:

1) You would build a mechanism to update this value with a data change action everytime you need to update it, with a "Data:execute an action on a set of rows" action.

In the referenced rows section, you would use this expression:

YourTableName[lastTimeSheetDate]

2) you would change your virtual column expression to be seen by each employee into:

ANY(YourTableName[lastTimeSheetDate])

Would it be easier to write that value to an additional normal column in the Clients table?

You are correct, I read the post description too fast. So the column to add would be in the Client's table.

The expression I provided need to be adapted to it then.

Thanks for pointing out!

No worries ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space