How to Format Related Items

I’ve got a daily journal table, A, and a photo table, B. Each row on table B references a row on table A.

When I view an entry on table A, all the related rows from table B are listed, but the format is not ideal. Each related items is listed in a table view, with the photo super tiny and the last column. This app does the same thing, but the related items appear with photos in larger format and to the far left, being immediately apparent.

Where and how to I make changes to the formatting of how these related rows appear in Table A rows?

I’ve scoured through the app linked above to see what settings I’m missing, and I’ve searched for how to change formatting of related items. So far, I’ve found nothing that makes a difference in how the related items (from table B) appear at the bottom of Table A items.

0 4 254
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

I gotta break this up to follow the forum rules…

What I want:

What I got:

Hi Nick,

Welcome! What you’re seeing is called an “inline” view. The default View type for an inline view is a “Table”, but the View type you’re seeing in the sample app you linked is a “Deck”. You can override the default inline view by making your own UX>View, in Ref Position. So you can make your own View on that same data, and select the “Deck” type for it.

Check out this help article for some more details.View Types | AppSheet Help Center

YES! Thanks so much @Marc_Dillon. “Position” was not the setting I expected to use to set this.

Top Labels in this Space