How to Lead Magnet Strategy?

I have a bussiness system I’m promoting
For that, i made a public sample version

I want to know if there is some way to restrict the usage until they complete a form with their data (mail, phone number and name)

Has anybody tried something like that?

In marketing world is known as lead magnet strategy

Here is the app:
App

Solved Solved
0 5 131
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As far as I know you can’t save something in usersettings via actions but lot of thanks you gave me an idea

It maight be more expensive but it will surely work

I need 2 public apps
-Form app
-Sample App

The first app is just a filter, the purpose is to collect data and then with linktoapp() expression I can open the sample app

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @juli0

With a public app, there is no way to prevent a specific editor actions, as it’s not possible to identify him/her.

Hello @juli0, it is as Aurelien says, but also remember that anyone can copy a public app.

I have entered your app and made a change, it synced, which means it is not a public sample, since public samples forbid data changes, and it probably also means that I have just added another monthly user to your app, sorry, be sure to read up on how pricing works.

Don’t worry, It is meant to work like that, its a public deployed app, they don’t need to log in
I’m paying for app license

Thx!

The only way I can think to do this would be as follows

1 = They are presented with just a form when they go into the App
2 = When the complete the form, you have an action that runs on someone saving the form
3 = The action saves something into the UserSettings
4 = You have the rest of the App views appear of their is something in this UserSetting

Only downside is if they close the App and go back in they have to fill in the form again.

Simon@1minManager.com

As far as I know you can’t save something in usersettings via actions but lot of thanks you gave me an idea

It maight be more expensive but it will surely work

I need 2 public apps
-Form app
-Sample App

The first app is just a filter, the purpose is to collect data and then with linktoapp() expression I can open the sample app

Top Labels in this Space