How to access value through tables

Hi, I'm trying to display a list of values through some tables using an Expression. The table structure is:

Order -< Order Item -> Product

A Product has an attribute called "Name". I'd like to create a virtual column ("Product Names") in the Order which would be a list of Product Names.

The Order has "Related Order Items" Ref and Order Item has "Product" Ref. I get as far as:

[Related Order Items][Product]

However I can't simply add [Name] on the end:

Unable to find column 'Related Order Items][Product][Name'

Thanks for any help.

Solved Solved
0 4 108
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yah, you can't chain list dereferences, only singular dereferences. You can create a new VC in OrderItem with [Product].[Name], then in Order pull the list of names with [Related...][new-vc]. Or you can run a SELECT()

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yah, you can't chain list dereferences, only singular dereferences. You can create a new VC in OrderItem with [Product].[Name], then in Order pull the list of names with [Related...][new-vc]. Or you can run a SELECT()

Nice, that worked, now to handle the space before the delimiter. I think I saw a message around here somewhere. ๐Ÿ™‚

now to handle the space before the delimiter

Huh? How does that in any way relate to the original issue? How and/or why do you need to handle it?

Hi, when I got the values they were:

Cap , Cup , Shirt , 

but I was wanting
Cap, Cup, Shirt

I found your other answer and got there. Not exactly related, just the next step for me.

Top Labels in this Space