How to acomulate data from the actual table

I have a table where I submit the information about the amount of โ€œThingsโ€ that someone has count.

I want to have a column in which I can acomulate the information of counted things by someone.
Iโ€™m trying using SUM(Select:

sum(select([โ€œThingโ€],[โ€œSomeoneโ€] = [โ€œSomeoneโ€]))

But offcourse is not working due to SELECT has invalid inputs, but I donยดt know how to do it

Thank you in advice

0 5 360
5 REPLIES 5

@Juan_Camilo_Sierra
First read this:

And then take a look at these docs:

I already did it (Read all of those documents) And the reason is not working is because all the data is in the same table, thatโ€™s why is not working the Select and Sum structure, and thaโ€™s why Iโ€™m asking over here.

Thanks anyway for the documentation but I think Iโ€™m still has not the answer for this problem

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This expression is syntactically incorrect: you havenโ€™t specified the table to search, and none of the quotation marks in it should occur. Also, [โ€œSomeoneโ€] = [โ€œSomeoneโ€] will always be TRUE, which is probably not what you want. It looks to me like you donโ€™t understand how to use SELECT(), which is probably why @LeventK suggested you read its documentation.

I will do my best to express what Iโ€™m asking and what I tryed to do.

Giving more information for it.
I only have 1 Table itโ€™s called โ€œPerformanceโ€ in this table I want to add every hour how many "Thins
" (Exactly how many boxes) an employee โ€œSomeoneโ€ has finished.
So, when in the next hour Iโ€™m going to add more boxes to someone I want to acomulate te total value for this person

The Data Iโ€™m Using is:

Sower Type: Ref - (to bring the information from a sowers database)
Amount of seeds Type: Number - (This is the information that they will fill every hour
Accumulated seeds Type Numer - Inthis is where Iโ€™m trying to acomulate the values

1. I started with the Select because it was my first thought. And ofcourse it didnโ€™t work due to the condition for sowers itโ€™s always true.
  2. At the moment iโ€™m trying using the most recent value in this way:
    Most Recent = maxrow(Performance, Date Time, [Sower] = [_THISROW].[Sower])
    Data [Most Recent] = REF_ROWS(โ€œPerformanceโ€, โ€œMost Recentโ€)

And in the formula of [Accumulated seeds] = [_THISROW].[Amount of seeds] + [Most Recent].[Amount of seeds]

But in this way is not agregating the values, it is replacing the values for the most recent

PD: Iโ€™m sorry if my english is not the best, I tryed to explan as best as I can

Try this App Formula for [Accumulated seeds] column:

SUM(
  SELECT( 
    Performance[Amount of seeds] ,
    AND(
      [Date Time] < [_THISROW].[Date Time] ,
      [Sower] = [_THISROW.[Sower]
      )
    )
  )
Top Labels in this Space