How to add a button for actions to a table

Hello all!

Just getting started in Appsheet and I was hoping to ask for some help in adding a button to the top of a table view to allow the user to initiate an action. It seems somehow I accidentally did so without realizing how and would love to be able to recreate this LOL. It was the three button (spillover menu?) that dropped down to some actions I had entered.

0 5 978
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome @Ethan_U

Unfortunately there isnโ€™t a way to dedicate an action to that position (above a table - or โ€œinline viewโ€ as itโ€™s called); but you can get actions to appear there if the action in question can be enacted on any of the records in the view.

Meaning: if you could push the button for all the records you can see, then that button will appear at the top inside that dropdown.

Oh cool thank you so much I wonder if that is what I do to achieve this in the screen cap above?

I appreciate the help Iโ€™ll give that a shot

Just make sure the prominence of the action is either overlay or prominent

3X_e_3_e3a439339e9a3196c62b3c4d15db945ae81cb7eb.png

Ok cool so basically from my table view i need to make sure that the action of tapping a row opens a view like a form but that form needs to have buttons to perform the action?

sorry for so many questions

If you set the visibility to the two I mentioned you should be fine.

Top Labels in this Space