How to add a product

Hello everyone, I am attempting to build an app that helps sales consultants calculate the GP$ & GP% in each sale for my Mattress Retail Shops.

Often customers will choose a mattress and then a base. To select product quickly the app works with a series of drop downs for example;
Choose Product (From a list of product categories i.e. โ€˜Mattress, Base, Adjustable Base, Pillowโ€™ etc.)
Choose Size (From a list of Sizes, Single, Double, Queen, King etc.)
Choose Product (From a list of the various mattress models)

Now here is my question: Having chosen a mattress, how do I provide the option to choose or add another product such as a base or pillows? And then ensure that the cost of the new item/s are added to the Sales price?

0 3 724
3 REPLIES 3

You either extend the form in the job section to incorporate each item. Or you use a sub-table where each job can have multiple (unlimited) items. Happy to chat about this directly if you want

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been setting up another retail outlet.

How do I create a sub-table (I am a bit of a novice at this whole thing, so Iโ€™m not sure what you mean by sub-table?)

If we are able to chat regarding this that would be great.

Hi Andrew

So assuming your using google sheets, you create a new workbook, name the tab, name cell A1 in the new tab the same as the name of your first workbook, then add any other columns you need.

When you then add this second workbook, Appsheet will automatically make it a sub-table of the first.

If you need more direct help, then feel free to contact me on Simon@1minManager.com

Top Labels in this Space