How to add child rows in sets of two or more consecutive rows in a table of a PDF in a Doc Template?

Hello everyone!

Hope doing well. I got stuck in a problem that might be solvable. I'm creating a PDF file. Everything is simple. 

Screenshot (70).png
[Picture 1]

Screenshot (71).png
[Picture 2]

The two images will clearly depicts my problem.

I want to add child rows' values in the sets of two consecutive rows of a table [Picture 1]. Like, the values of first row of a child table in first two rows of a table in a PDF. And, then again second row's values in the third and fourth rows of a table in a PDF, and so on...

I'm doing this because all values of a child's row cannot be added in a single row of a table, as these PDFs are to be printed on a paper, and small font size shall not be properly readable!

However, I'm incurring an error (shown in [Picture 2]). Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks in anticipation!
@Steve , @Suvrutt_Gurjar , @AleksiAlkio and others ๐Ÿ™‚

Solved Solved
0 9 201
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems that the Bot doesn't accept exactly that table structure. You need to add the <<Start:>> above your table and then of course the <<End>> needs to be belowe it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Do you have the Product ID column in your child table? And is it a Ref or Enum/Ref column?

Yes I've a [Product Id] column in a child table. It is a Ref column.

Is your printacreen covering the whole template or is something missing from the beginning?

Let me show you my template.

Picture 1 (Template).png
This is the screenshot of the entire template for you reference (above).

Picture 2 (Sample).png
And this is the sample picture that I need to achieve (above), but unfortunately cannot ๐Ÿ˜ž

Hopefully I'm clear to you about my problem!
Thanks in anticipation!

Based on your error message, it still sounds your virtual list column [Related Items of Party Sales Invoices] doesn't have those columns. OR.. I assume you are triggering this template from the parent table. But does this list column belong to that parent?

Yes, the column [Related Items of Party Sales Invoices] does belong to the parent Table.

Also the strange thing is, when I remove the second row of the template's table, everything works properly. It seems that second row is not working.

I'll request you to once replicate this thing at your end to understand the issue. Kindly create a table in a template and add the child rows data in a set of two rows, as in the picture below. If everything runs fine, please let me know!

Picture 2 (Sample).png

It seems that the Bot doesn't accept exactly that table structure. You need to add the <<Start:>> above your table and then of course the <<End>> needs to be belowe it.

Working 100% efficiently now ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you so much @AleksiAlkio, you really helped me a lot. I was unaware of this fact, but your suggestion worked appropriately. Thank you once again!

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space