How to add terms of use to the newly created app?

For example to inform users that ‘this’ application is only for personal use and should not be redistributed or modified for any commercial activity.

0 3 489
3 REPLIES 3

You could use the UX>Options>Starting View to show all users a detail view the first time they open the app. It could be based on a single row from a new ‘Utility’ table, or based on the USERSETTINGS().

Option 1
Add ‘Utility’ table with one row, containing the display data for the view (Title, body, link, photo, etc) and use Utility_Details for the starting view

Option 2
Use a few of the USERSETTINGS() columns hold the text values, and make the Settings view the starting view.

You can use USERSETTINGS for that purpose. Just add 2 UserSettings params:

1. Show Type/Text qualifier
  2. An Enum field with {ACCEPT, REJECT} values

Set a Show_if expression to all your views or a Security Filter to all your tables:

IF(OR(ISBLANK(USERSETTINGS(EnumFieldName)), USERSETTINGS(EnumFieldName)="REJECT"),FALSE,TRUE)

And finally set an Initial View expression

IF(OR(ISBLANK(USERSETTINGS(EnumFieldName)), USERSETTINGS(EnumFieldName)="REJECT"),"Settings","Any Initial View Name")

This will always display the Terms of Use (_per_user settings view) when the app is opened if it’s cancelled or marked as REJECT. If it’s not cancelled and marked as ACCEPT, will always show your selected initial view. This setting is user device specific.

Thanks for your assistance, I manage to set up the terms of use on my demo application using _PerUserSettings option however this option can’t be dismissed straight away, instead a dialog comes up instructions showing I should click next until the option to Save comes up, I don’t want to save, I just want to dismiss it: See screenshot:

Top Labels in this Space