How to allow only limited data entry in child table DATE WISE?

Please help me with the expression date wise on the mentioned question –

How to allow only limited data entry in child table DATE WISE ?

Thanks
Javed

0 7 314
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your question is not clear. In what way do you want to “limit data entry”?

Thanks for the reply @Steve

I want to limit data entry with respect to the date, for ex: when I select a date from the date picker and start entering the data > the max entries should be limited to suppose 10 or any number. And if suppose 10 entries are done it will ask to select the next date.

So each date will have only 10 entries allowed.

Kindly help an expression for this condition.

Thanks
Javed

I’d think you could use a Valid If expression for the date column that marks the date invalid if there are already 10 (or whatever) entries with that same date.

(COUNT(FILTER("table", ([_THIS] = [date]))) < max-count)

Replace table with the name of the child table, date with the name of the column of that table that contains the row’s date, and max-count with the maximum number of entries allowed for that (or any?) date.

Hi @Steve Thanks for the help… As suggested by you , I am trying the solution given by you , I will update you shortly .

Thanks again
Javed

Hi @Steve
Hope you are well …

I have tried this solution given by you and its working for the entire count of date column and its not filtering for individual date (each date)… like this is my expression -
(COUNT(FILTER(“Child”, ([_THIS] = [Date]))) <1)

Here, Child is the name of child table . And the Date column is in Parent Table.

Do I have to add a reference date column in Child table from Parent table ?

Please assist. Can I share my app with you please? so you can see my app functionality and basically its very simple app I want to show you.

Yep! Something like this:

(COUNT(FILTER(“Child”, ([_THIS] = [Parent].[Date]))) <1)

Replace Parent with the name of the column in the child table that contains the reference back to the parent table.

Hi @Steve

Thanks alot … the solution given by you is working … great help Cheers

Further, if I need any other help on the same app I will give a shout …

Thanks & Regards
Javed

Top Labels in this Space