¿How to approach a patient record app?

Hello everyone! I just began using appsheet today and I have a question about how I could handle a small app that I’m making for a family business.

I’m helping a friend that runs a Vet Clinic in my hometown. He wants a way to manage and keep patient records digitally. The first thing that we did was create a “Google Form” that allows him and other Vets to input data from each patient. The data is mostly text based except for some dates and numbers (weight, microchip #, and other stuff). The Google Form works great and all but we want to create a way in which other Vets can access the data upon request and visualize it in an orderly fashion (Instead of browsing endlessly through a spreadsheet looking for patient specific records).

With the Google Forms answer sheet and Appsheet I generated an app that is supposed to help the vets do exactly what I just explained. This small app works pretty well, it is not perfect but it does what we need it to do, however, I really want to know how we can handle some data I the future. For example, a patient might come for a checkup several times, is there a way I can group all of the records from the same patient under a single “key value” (like microchip #, or name or something else).

I’d love any help I can get. Maybe data collection from the Google Forms isn’t the best way to make this, so I’m open to any advice or direction you guys can give me.

Thanks in advance!

0 1 85
1 REPLY 1

Hello @LuisVet, welcome to our community ! I’m happy to tell you that what you have in mind is precisely the kind of stuff that AppSheet is for, to get you started you could read my reply to another similar question in which I share a couple tips and information sources you might find very useful.

In your particular case, your main topics of interest regarding the app you have in mind are references between tables, form and table views , dashboards and of course the Current_User system (there’s a great post about the last one in our forum!)

Top Labels in this Space