How to audit AppSheet Databases as a Google Workspace Admin?

Hi,

I'd like to be able to audit AppSheet Databases as a Google Workspace admin - see a list of databases held within the tenancy.  (For example, for Sheets I can use the Investigation Tool with Drive as a data source).

Is this possible as an admin? What are other orgs doing?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
1 4 331
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@jamessayer AppSheet admins can view the audit logs of all the databases under their team in a similar fashion as apps. I realized the documentation here is lacking. I'll update it to include databases where relevant : https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11918345?hl=en&sjid=5831772662995555452-NA#zippy=%2Cuse-t... . 

In summary: 

1. Sign in to AppSheet.
  2. Select My team in the account profile drop-down.
  3. Click Usage.
  4. Expand the app details for a specific user. There should be a table for databases with a link to an audit log. 

View solution in original post

Sorry @jamessayer, I believe auditing users' account activity as an admin does require an Enterprise account. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Interesting question.

@ShirleyN 

@jamessayer AppSheet admins can view the audit logs of all the databases under their team in a similar fashion as apps. I realized the documentation here is lacking. I'll update it to include databases where relevant : https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11918345?hl=en&sjid=5831772662995555452-NA#zippy=%2Cuse-t... . 

In summary: 

1. Sign in to AppSheet.
  2. Select My team in the account profile drop-down.
  3. Click Usage.
  4. Expand the app details for a specific user. There should be a table for databases with a link to an audit log. 

Brilliant thanks!

Is there a way to do this without an Enterprise plan? 

Use case: Education institutions want to be able to mointor PII information across the tenency including Gmail, Drive and AppSheet Databases.

Sorry @jamessayer, I believe auditing users' account activity as an admin does require an Enterprise account. 

Top Labels in this Space