How to automate Workspaces actions and user settings without writing code?

Sharap

I want to achieve 3 different goals via automation:

1. user management:  create new users based on few details (e.g. name, phone number), delete user, ...
  2. email settings:  change email signature, preferences, etc.
  3. Collect and update user's contacts (all with users' permissions and ass insturcted by the company's management).

I'm already aware of the option to write code.  

Can I achieve these tasks with a "no code" system, like AppSheet?  Is there a way of "drag and drop" or "action selection", triggers, timing, etc. ?

I tried appsheet, and couldn't find user management asctions there, workspace settings, etc.

0 1 60
1 REPLY 1

Can you achieve those things in AppSheet?  YES

Can you achieve them through ready-made objects that you "drag and drop" or "action selection" into the app?  NO

It is true that in AppSheet you do not need to write a single line of source code.  I would consider AppSheet a "no-code" platform for very simple app features - adding/updating users and details,  creating/changing email settings, collecting/updating user contacts, etc

However, when you begin to introduce "delete user" and "all with users' permissions and as instructed by the company's management"...plus considering how you might actually use all of the collected data...it becomes clear that you need to have an app with a little more advanced capabilities.    I would consider these as touching into the "low code" realm of AppSheet.

AppSheet uses what it calls "expressions" to build decision making logic within the apps.  These are very similar to formulas in spreadsheets.  Expressions are what gives AppSheet it tremendous flexibility and power to create almost ANY app you can imagine.  Apps can be built approximately 10X faster than the traditional source code approach.  While App Creators in AppSheet do not need to know how to write source code, they, and the apps they create, will benefit greatly from an understanding of logic.

AppSheet enhances the Expression based functionality with Actions and Automation that allows an AppCreator to perform functions based on user activity within the app (e.g. Add a new user then send them a Welcome email).  You can even Schedule automatic functions such generating a monthly report of all those newly added users!

Should someone get stuck in implementing something in their app, this volunteer-based Community is great at helping along even the greenest of App Creators - many times you will get a response within minutes!

Top Labels in this Space