How to automate the input of values in a form based on a date.

I have to input values in 2 fields within a form and save the form (some actions are executed when the form is saved).

These values must be input twice a month: the 1st and 16ths of each month.

The fields are Date and Enum (see screenshot below).

AppSheet 1.png

The following images show details of both fields.

AppSheet 4.png

----------------------------------------

AppSheet 5.png

I have the expression TODAY()-1 in the "Initial value" field because I was testing the form, but it can be moved to the "App formula" field when the automation is in place.

The input for the 1st day of a month must be:
Date field = Yesterday (the end of month of the last month)
Enum field = "End of month"

The input for the 16th day of a month must be:
Date field = Yesterday (15th of the current month)
Enum field = "Fifteen"

Manual input is prone to mistakes, so I want to automate it.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should do?

Solved Solved
0 15 499
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create a process outside the bot, then use the "Call a process" option in the step.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Haben Sie mal daran gedacht, es so zu lรถsen: Hinzufรผgen von Zeilen fรผr einen Datumsbereich 

I have a different scenario.

I'm doing a bot based on schedule.

Thanks @Tommy62

Hi @maretec 

I suggest that you use the automation tab >> events >> schedule events on every month on a particular date , set values of some column in behaviour and than run the bot.

Thanks

Hi @Hmunjal.

This is what I have so far.

AppSheet 8.png

As I have checked, to run an action is not possible with the schedule bot.

If you choose "Schedule", the option "Run a data action" option is not available, as you can see in the screenshot belowAppSheet 12.png

Running actions IS possible with a scheduled bot. Running a scheduled bot is NOT possible with a non-deployed (free plan) app. 

Hi @Joseph_Seddik

I know that bots can not run in a free plan, but I know that I can create the bot and test it before deployment. 

Can you show me how to do it?  I'll apreciate it. 

Create a process outside the bot, then use the "Call a process" option in the step.

I'll see how to create the process outside the bot, and I'll let you know.

Thanks, 

Here:

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2023-07-08 aฬ€ 02.41.13.pngCapture dโ€™eฬcran 2023-07-08 aฬ€ 02.42.48.png

I'm using the new editor, and I can't get the menu you show in your screenshot.  I have no automation yet (my mouse is over the Automation button but the screenshot doesn't show it).

maretec_2-1689102419532.png

I know it's possible to create the process from the legacy editor, but I wonder how to do it from the new one. Is it possible?

maretec_1-1689102338087.png

Yes. My screenshots are from the new editor. Hover over the Bots icon, then click on Processes. Go to the top and click on the "+" sign next to Processes to create a new one.

First of all, thank you for the solution you gave me.  I was able to trigger my action on a schedule by creating the process and then calling the process from a bot, just as you mentioned.

I switched to the legacy editor, created the process, I switched back to the new editor, and then I created the bot. 

I hover over the Bots icon. My mouse is not visible on the screenshot, but it is there (you can see the icon is highlighted and the word "Automation" is to the right of the icon). The menu (Events, Processes, Tasks) doesn't show up on my end. It appears right after creating the process. I think this behavior is because I don't have any automations yet.

I've tried this with other apps that don't have automations and got the same result.

In order to replicate my issue, you can create a brand new app and try to create a process when there is no automation using the new editor.

Thanks in advance for your time.

That's interesting ๐Ÿ˜€

I tested with an app that has no automation, and yes you are right, the hover menu did not appear with the new editor. 

However, I did not switch to the legacy editor, I went on to create a new bot, configured a random event, then added a random step. I now have a process, so I turned linking ON, et voilร , without even saving, the hover menu appeared ๐Ÿ™‚

I guess this is part of the new editor's design focus on reducing clutter, so you don't see Processes in the hover menu until you have one. This is new to me, thank you!

Thank you for taking the time to test it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space