How to avoid truncation of long field title

I have a field like this:

Scott_Nesbitt_0-1689605481591.png

When I click on the field, it shows this:

Scott_Nesbitt_1-1689605517813.png

Is there a way to make the title at the top wrap so it is not truncated and unreadable?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 3 152
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Also, you can choose to display the Enum in buttons or stacks, to avoid opening a new view with a drop down menu. I personally never use drop downs unless I could get a very large list with a Ref column for example. This also provides a better user experience, since you save them TWO clicks: one to open the menu and one to close it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes.

Put the long text in the column's Description field, and an abbreviated version in its Display Name. For example:

• Description: "Did the service that this application provides ...."
  • Display Name: "Service meets expectation"

You can also display different messages for both based on your views or the view type.

Also, you can choose to display the Enum in buttons or stacks, to avoid opening a new view with a drop down menu. I personally never use drop downs unless I could get a very large list with a Ref column for example. This also provides a better user experience, since you save them TWO clicks: one to open the menu and one to close it. 

Good idea to switch to buttons, that did the trick.  Thanks.

However, in situations that _do_ require dropdowns this would not work.  Still believe Google should fix this.

Top Labels in this Space