How to change/edit form name

How can I change/edit a form name of a duplicated AppSheet app?Form Name Edit.pngForm Name Edit.png

Solved Solved
0 4 670
  • UX
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

The way to change the name is as I described above.  EACH view has its very own "Display name" property.

It may be that you are not seeing the view you need because it is a SYSTEM created view.  To see these you will need to tap the "Show system views" link at the bottom of the list of views.   (see image)

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 8.23.59 AM.png

If you are not sure which view you need to change, you can find out in the Editor.  In the bottom left corner of the Emulator, the name of the View being displayed is shown and is a link to the view.  Just tap it (note: if its a system view, the system view must be showing as described above).

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 8.21.42 AM.png

Now, if your question is about how to DYNAMICALLY change the name of the View, you can insert an expression into the "Display name" property.  But note that this expression CANNOT be based on any row data except for Detail views.

If you have a more specific need, then please elaborate and we can try to help with more precise answers.

View solution in original post

Great! My Problem is now solved, Thanks ๐Ÿ‘

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Each view has a Display section.  Tap it to expand it and then enter your desired name into the "Display name" property.

Tap Display to expand it.Tap Display to expand it.

Enter your desired nameEnter your desired name

Please note there is a form name on UX before a click of addForm Page b4 edit.png

Add form name during filling the form as below

Form Page on adding data.png

My question is on how to edit the form name which appears when filling the data. Hopefully my explanation is clear

The way to change the name is as I described above.  EACH view has its very own "Display name" property.

It may be that you are not seeing the view you need because it is a SYSTEM created view.  To see these you will need to tap the "Show system views" link at the bottom of the list of views.   (see image)

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 8.23.59 AM.png

If you are not sure which view you need to change, you can find out in the Editor.  In the bottom left corner of the Emulator, the name of the View being displayed is shown and is a link to the view.  Just tap it (note: if its a system view, the system view must be showing as described above).

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 8.21.42 AM.png

Now, if your question is about how to DYNAMICALLY change the name of the View, you can insert an expression into the "Display name" property.  But note that this expression CANNOT be based on any row data except for Detail views.

If you have a more specific need, then please elaborate and we can try to help with more precise answers.

Great! My Problem is now solved, Thanks ๐Ÿ‘

Top Labels in this Space